Many of us are guilty of using the same password, or a variation of the same password, for our personal and business-related accounts. Unfortunately, these bad password habits only make it easier for hackers to steal our information. When they do, they hold that information for ransom or use it to gain access to our bank account or our clients’ information.
Hackers use a variety of methods to obtain that information. For example, hackers will monitor public Wi-Fi, intercepting the usernames and passwords you enter. You can outsmart these cyber criminals by making sure not to log in to any of your accounts when on public Wi-Fi.
Hackers also use programs that contain droves of stolen information. All they need to do is search a username or password and hope they get a hit. If they do, hackers can access your accounts and information.
Hackers will go to any length to gain access to your information. They steal your passwords, install keystroke loggers, and sometimes use brute force. If a hacker wants your information, they will do everything in their power to get it. Therefore, we must protect ourselves. We cannot use the same password or variation of a password for all of our accounts.
Once a hacker has your information, they will retreat to the dark web. The dark web is essentially the parts of the Internet that require special software to access, meaning you cannot access it using a regular web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome. Everything that happens on the dark web is anonymous, so naturally half of all activities that take place there are illegal, including the sale of account credentials.
You may not have access to the dark web, but there are still ways to find out if your information is on the dark web. With a Dark Web ID scan, CTC Networks can determine if your personal information is vulnerable. We go into the dark web so that you don’t have to.
Dark Web ID Scans
A scan of the dark web will show CTC Networks if your information is visible in any corner of the dark web. Once you know what information is vulnerable, you can change those usernames and passwords, which will help ensure that hackers stay out of your accounts.
CTC Networks provides:
- Dark Web Threat Alerts – Proactive monitoring of your organizations stolen or compromised data and real-time alerts when we find your information.
- Compromised Data Tracking and Reporting – Track and triage incidents to better manage risk.
- Compromised Data Trending and Benchmarking – Gain insight into your organization’s current threat posture while benchmarking it against your peers and the industries that you serve.
- Supply Chain Threat Monitoring – Monitor your supply chain, third-party partners, and vendors to understand the potential risk they pose to your organization.
- Customer Management – Better protect your customers by providing them actionable recommendations to help protect against potential data breaches.
By enlisting the help of CTC Networks, you can make sure that your sensitive information is safe. Awareness is important for keeping both your and your clients’ information safe.
Let the experts at CTC Networks ensure your safety. They will scan the dark web for any mention of your information before it is too late. Call (615) 550-0020 for more information.